I discovered this delightful little snack a few weeks ago and they were an instant hit. It’s hard for me to come up with good, warm snacks for my vegetarian husband that aren’t chips and queso or something along that line… So I’m always looking for something creative and new. :)
Enter the Baked Spinach Dip in Mini Bread Bowls! Tadaaaaaaaa.
These things were super easy to make and so yummy. They also came out WAY cuter than I expected them to! Win!
These guys are gooey and creamy and cheesy, but the bread doesn’t get soggy at all. It stays warm and light. I want to make them again and again.
I made them for a small get-to-gether a few weeks ago and they were gone in minutes. Enjoy!
1 can/roll of refrigerated french bread loaf, I used Simply Pillsbury
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 Cups baby spinach, coarsely chopped
1 clove fresh garlic, minced
3 oz softened cream cheese
1/2 Cup light sour cream
2 tbsp fresh shredded parmesan cheese
1/8 tsp Ancho Chile Pepper
1/8 tsp Garlic Salt
1/8 tsp Sicilian Sea Salt (I actually just used regular salt bc I didn’t have sea salt at the time)
1/8 tsp Ground black pepper
1/3 Cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 10 muffin cups with non stick cooking spray.
3. Press each slice into about a
3 inch round, and press into pan. I used a mini tart shaper, but the dough was still a little difficult to shape. Press up the sides of the tin as well, creating the mini-bowl. It is okay if your bowls aren’t perfect. (See: mine)
4. Cook the spinach by heating oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir spinach until wilted, about 3 minutes.
5. Add garlic. Cook and stir for another minute. Remove from heat.
4. Scoop the dip into the centers of the bread bowls, re-shaping when necessary.
5. Top evenly with shredded cheese and bake for 15-17 minutes until just turning brown on edges. Remove and let cool for 3-5 minutes before removing from oven.
Many thanks to Picky Palate for the nommy recipe! :D