So I’ve decided to start this new series of occasional blog posts called 5-Minute Prep. I am sure I am not the only one who occasionally wants or NEEDS to make something and you really just don’t have the time or the stuff to make it, right? Right. Sooooo here is my first one for you! And it is PERFECT for this time of year and the type of cold, drizzly weather that we are experiencing right now. Even better? You probably already have all of the ingredients for them in your cupboard right now.
And even better? ZOMG THEY ARE AMAZING. Seriously. This is the first thing I’ve ever baked that my husband simply refused to share with anyone. We may have both eaten two the night I made them. Annnnd two the next night. THEY ARE GOOD. :-$
Meanwhile, I’ll be joining a gym in January… ;-)
Seriously I want on right now.
1 Tube Pillsbury Grands buttermilk biscuits
8 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted
1 Cup Maple Syrup
1/2 Cup packed brown sugar
2 Tsp cinnamon
4 Tbsp white sugar
1 Tsp Allspice
1/4 Cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1. Melt the butter and mix it well with the syrup. Set aside.
2. Combine all of the dry ingredients into a sugar mixture.
3. Pour half of the butter mixture into the bottom of a fluted / bundt pan.
4. Pour half of the sugar mixture on top of the butter mixture (do not stir).
5. Layer the biscuits in a circle, so they overlap eachother and each biscuit is touching the sugar/syrup.
6. Top with the remaining butter mixture.
7. Top with the remaining sugar mixture.8. Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked all the way through.
9. Let cool in pan for a minute or two before flipping it. They will come right out.
I made these on the night that we put up our Christmas tree and decorations. It went quite well with our wine and Holiday music. Have you heard the DFW Actors Give Back Holidazzle CD? I HIGHLY recommend it! So many of my dear friends are featured on it and it’s a really great album for a REALLY great cause. You can check it out here.
And, just for fun, here is a pic of our Christmas Tree. :) Happy Holidays! The Season has officially begun. :D
Many thanks to All Things Delicious! I adapted this from their recipe, that you can find here.